Here is an excellent opportunity for you to begin medical school at The University of Queensland School of Medicine-Ochsner
Clinical School, where we have open seats for the January 2012 cohort of US citizens and permanent residents. It features:
· An integrated global medical education at one of the world’s best medical schools—ranked in the top 50 among the Top 400
International Programs in the Biological and Life Sciences by “US News and World Report” in 2011.
· Two years of basic sciences at The University of Queensland School of Medicine in Brisbane, Australia.
· Two years of clinical training at the UQ Ochsner Clinical School in New Orleans, Louisiana, the U.S. campus of The University of Queensland School of Medicine.
· USMLE Preparation for Step 1 and Step 2
· Participation in Match Day and academic advising and support in the Match.
· Ochsner itself has 70 residencies to offer annually on a competitive basis.
· A January 2012 entry, the start of the Australian academic year, not a mid-year entry.
· Minimum requirements to apply: MCAT score of 8, 8, M, 8; a B average; and an earned B.A. or B.S. degree. (The average GPA of the 2011 entering class was 3.4, and the average MCAT was 29.)
· Rolling admissions.
· U.S. Federal financial aid is available to students who qualify.
The University of Queensland includes seven faculties, 33 schools, and 350 degree programs. UQ is a member of the prestigious
Australian “Group of Eight”, placing it within the top ranks of Australian universities. UQ’s six internationally significant,
interdisciplinary research institutes offer a variety of research/study opportunities to students in the School of Medicine,
including the Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology, the Brain Institute, the Diamantina Institute for Cancer, Immunology and Metabolic Medicine Research Center.
Ochsner Health System is a non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system dedicated to patient care, research
and education.HealthGrades, the nation’s leading health care ratings organization, has ranked Ochsner among the top 5% of
hospitals in the U.S. for exceptional patient care for 2011 and is counted among the nation’s top 15 teaching hospitals.The system
includes seven hospitals and over 35 health centers located throughout Southeast Louisiana. Ochsner employs more than 750
physicians in over 90 medical specialties and subspecialties and more than 300 clinical research trials annually. Ochsner has more than 11,000 employees system-wide.
If you are interested, please contact me. My phone number is 646.648.0213 and my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. I will be happy
to answer your questions. If you would like to receive our printed materials, please just let me know and I will send them out to
you. The link to our website, where the application is available to download, is http://www.mededpath.org/about_program.php.
Thea Volpe, Ph.D.
Vice President, Enrollment Management
163 William St. 3rd floor
NY NY 10038
Tel: 877.777.0155 ext 104