The 25th Annual AIDS Walk will be held on Saturday, September 24 at Volunteer Park located in Capitol Hill – Seattle, WA. If you would like to walk stop by the Multicultural and Women’s Center (PUB 9302) or sign up online.
If you’re unable to walk you can still participate by donating, volunteering (in-person or virtual), and/or encouraging friends and family to participate. As a College, it would be great to raise $300.00 for a donation and get faculty, staff and students to walk. Last year, we raised about $100.00 – Go Shoreline!
Here is the Seattle AIDS website – http://www.seattleaidswalk.org. You can use this website to join the SCC team (search for “Shoreline Community College”), get more information about the walk and Lifelong AIDS Alliance, and to make a donation.
Contact Lynette Peter at 546-4715, Amber Skidmore at 533-6690 or Yvonne Terrell-Powell at 546-4509, if you have any questions or want more information. We plan to meet at Volunteer Park on Saturday morning and walk together– so come on and join us. It’s going to be a lot of FUN!
Did you know:
* Over 22 million people have died of AIDS
* Over 42 million people are living with HIV/AIDS
* Over 1 million adults and adolescents are living with HIV/AIDS in the US including those not diagnosed
* Over 682,000 people are living with a diagnoses of AIDS in the US
* Over 53,000 new infections every year in the US
* Research and medication development continues to show promise in the treatment of HIV/AIDS
* YOU make a difference in the fight against HIV/AIDS (volunteer, share the message, donate, get tested)
I look forward to seeing you there,
AmeriCorps* VISTA Service-Learning Coordinator
Shoreline Community College Center for Service-Learning
[Description: scc csl vista wacc logo]