Volunteer Opportunity – New Homeless Clinic in Ballard

Hi there!

My name is Josephine Garcia and I am currently serving as an AmeriCorps service member for Neighborcare Health. My service is focused on helping to start up a new clinic in the Ballard neighborhood of Seattle, focused exclusively on homeless adults and families. I’m writing today because I am currently recruiting volunteers, and thought you might be interested in this unique opportunity.

I am hoping to finalize our team of volunteers by mid-January. Volunteers will gain valuable experience interacting with a unique population, and will primarily engage in creative outreach activities in the University District, Wallingford, and Ballard area to inform potential patients about the new clinic. There may also be opportunities to help as needed at the clinic, connecting patients with health resources that are available to them.

If you are interested, please fill out the initial survey here. I will then contact you if your interests match our needs, and will set up interviews from there.

Feel free to email me at JosephineG with any questions you may have.

NOTE: If you are involved with a student organization and would like me to come in and elaborate on this project further, I’d be happy to do so and answer any questions you and your members may have.

Thanks for your time!

Josephine Garcia, Health Resource AmeriCorps Member

Homeless Health Programs | 1629 N. 45th St. Seattle, WA 98103

Office Phone: (206) 548-2949 | JosephineG