ADEA GoDental Workshop and Recruitment Fair for Predental Students and Advisors
Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Washington State Convention & Trade Center Seattle, Washington
About the Event
Offered by the American Dental Education Association (ADEA), this dynamic, interactive event is geared for high school, community college, and four-year college students from diverse backgrounds, as well as counselors, advisors, and parents.
• Participants learn about dental school and careers in dentistry.
• Current dental students and dental school administrators share with participants tips and strategies for filing successful applications.
• Counselors and health-professions advisors learn to better assist students interested in dental careers.
• Expected participation: more than 40 dental schools and several professional organizations involved with dental education. The Voice of Dental Education ADEA • 1923 – 2013 ANNIVERSARY th
• Held in conjunction with the 2013 ADEA Annual Session & Exhibition. • Anticipated attendance: Over 400 students.• Motivational opening session about careers in dentistry and being a successful applicant.• Presentations on how to apply to dental school, financing a dental education, and summer academic enrichment programs.• Session with current dental students – Facing the challenges and obstacles of pursuing educational goals. • Recent graduates speak about their experiences – “If I can do it, you can do it too.”• Interactive Lunch and Learn workshop.
• Opportunities to meet and talk with admissions officers representing institutions from across the country.• Live Twitter Zone throughout the recruitment fair. Meet with students and professional organizations involved in the dental community.
Plus raffles, prizes, and giveaways!
What student attendees have to say about the ADEA GoDental Workshop and Recruitment Fair…
“I loved it. It was like a dream come true. I was able to meet with the advisors for schools that I want to attend that are out of state, at no cost to me! Great networking opportunity.”
“I really enjoyed going from school to school asking questions. The admissions officers were helpful; in fact, most invited me to visit the dental school.”
“The workshops were superb! The session on financial aid provided clear facts with numbers, which was very helpful.”
For more information about the event, contact:GoDental@adea.orgDrake WashingtonProject Manager, Division of Educational PathwaysAmerican Dental Education AssociationThe Voice of Dental Education1400 K Street NW, Suite 1100Washington, DC 20005Phone: 202-289-7201www.adea.orgAMERICANDENTALEDUCATIONASSOCIATION