Invitation for students to attend Asian Pacific AMSA National Conference

Dear UW Pre-Health, My name is Alicia Huang and I am on the national board for APAMSA. We are hosting the 21st annual national conference in Las Vegas on September 27th to 28th.

APAMSA is a national organization committed to addressing the unique health challenges of the Asian and Pacific Islander American (APIA) communities and dedicated to improving cultural competency, promoting diversity in health care, and advocate to create change. I would like to express our heartiest welcome and cordially invite all of you to attend.

Our theme this year is “Remedies for Disparities” and we will be hosting speakers from across the nation to talk about health disparities affecting APIA communities. There will be workshops to learn skills such as suturing and phlebotomy. Refreshments and lunch will be served at the conference and we will be hosting an appreciation banquet to thank our speakers. Sunday the 28th is pre-medical day where we will have a panel of admission representatives from various medical schools and current medical students talk about the admission process and what it is like to be in medical school.

I have attached a flyer for our conference below. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. We look forward to seeing you in Las Vegas! Cheers, Alicia Huang, MSII Conference Committee APAMSA National Organization APAMSA-Conference-2014.pdf