Center for Equity and Engagement (CEE)- Peer Navigator
Rate: $11.11/hour Part time: Up to 17 hrs/week Applications Available now in PUB 9301 – Due October 6th, 2014
About the CEE Peer Navigator:
The Peer Navigator will work with CEE staff to support the retention and academic achievement of underrepresented students at Shoreline Community College. The Peer Navigator will provide direct support and will be knowledgeable of campus services that offer learning assistance and financial resources. The Peer Navigator will also help to coordinate activities that engage students in learning (e.g., study groups, tutoring, basic skill development and fun, social events).
Essential Functions and Duties:
The following is a general representation of the key duties and responsibilities of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
* Organize and actively promote Center for Equity and Engagement sponsored events including, study groups, workshops, Clothesline-Domestic Violence Project, MLK Celebration, Women’s History Month, Multicultural Week, Campus Navigation Tools and Center alumni program
* Outreach and refer students to the Center for Equity and Engagement and other resources.
* Evaluate and debrief after each Center for Equity and Engagement sponsored activity
* Make follow-up contact with students by phone, email or through one-on-one meetings.
* Provide on-going peer support for new and current students.
* Organize quarterly retention activities and events for under-represented students.
* Increase women and multicultural student participation and representation in the campus community by organizing activities for students collaboratively with multicultural student organizations, Arts & Entertainment Board, Student Government, and campus committees.
Assist staff to promote and advertise events sponsored by the Center for Equity and Engagement.
* Provide clerical assistance to Multicultural Center, Women’s Center; prepare materials and set-up for Center for Equity and Engagement events and activities.
* Liaison and attend as needed; Recognized Student Organizations, Student Body Association, Arts & Entertainment Board meetings.
If you have questions, need additional information, or would like a poster/applications, please contact:
Lynette Peters, Program Manager: Women’s Center – 206-546-4715 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamie Arde?a, Program Manager: Multicultural Center – 206-533-6618 email@example.com
James Lawrence Arde?a
Multicultural Center &
MSSDC Secretary 2013-2015
Student Union Building – PUB 9301
Shoreline Community College
16101 Greenwood Ave N
Shoreline WA, 98133