ADEA GoDental Newsletter: Reflect and Be Thankful

ADEA GoDental Newsletter | November 2014 | Excited about the ADEA GoDental website? Tweet about it!
GoDental-Header-justblue-transparent.png
GoDental-Tagline-transparent.png

ADEA GoDental Newsletter:
Reflect and Be Thankful

Reflection

The importance of self-assessment in applying to dental school
"Doing a self-assessment is an essential part of readying yourself to apply to dental school. Self-assessment is all about asking yourself questions about your present performance and your future plans, and being honest with yourself about where you stand and what you need to improve or change. This process can lead to self-discovery, and hopefully help you feel good about where you are in the application process and/or create a plan for tackling any areas of weakness you may have as a dental school applicant." What questions should you consider in your self-assessment?

Read More.

Advisor
This year, I am thankful for my health professions advisor

With Thanksgiving right around the corner, now is the time of year to reflect on the things you are thankful for. Tabitha Asher, an undergraduate student at Wichita State University is thankful for her health professions advisor. Hear why she wouldn’t be where she is today without her advisor. A special thank you also to all of the health professions advisors out there for all the work they do for their students!

Read More
White Coat
Nine reasons why you should apply to SMDEP today!

"In 2011, I decided to apply to the Summer Medical and Dental Educational Program (SMDEP). I was so happy to be accepted to SMDEP at Case Western Reserve University, and I had no idea I was about to have the best summer of my life. Three years later, I am actually a dental student. As an SMDEP alumna, I want to share my thoughts on why you should apply today!"

Read More
Mission Trip
Reflecting back on the application process: Some tips from a current dental student

Applying to dental school can be very intimidating, but current dental student Frank Berdos offers some advice.

Read More
Goolsby Headshot
Practitioner Profile: Lessons from a small town practice

Dr. Goolsby describes her journey from dental school to community health and private practice and finally to academics as the director of student recruitment at VCU School of Dentistry.

Read More
Secrets to Success
WRF
Save the date:
2015 ADEA GoDental Workshop and Recruitment Fair for Predental Students and Advisors!
March 7, 2015

Read More
Hygienist
Are you a future dental hygienist? Learn more about what being a dental hygienist entails.

Read More
EHC
Maybe dentistry isn’t right for you? Visit ExploreHealthCareers.org to find the right health profession for you.

Read More
ADEA GoDental | 1400 K Street NW, Suite 1100, Washington, D.C. 20005 | (202) 289-7201

View our Privacy Policy. Sniff, sniff. We hate to see you go, but if you must:Unsubscribe here.

Facebook   Twitter   YouTube   Twitter
Subscribe to This Newsletter

ecmssamsganalytics.email_opened?p_mail_id=E207502A3997118B1ecmssamsganalytics.email_opened?p_mail_id=E212707A4384381B1