|Students can now request updates about our Spanish & Medicine summer program in Peru.
At a glance:
- exclusively for pre-health students
- no Spanish pre-requisite (though prior Spanish is helpful)
- 6 weeks study abroad in Cusco, Peru
- choice of 2 sessions (early summer or late summer)
- max 35 students per session
- credit for two college Spanish courses
- medical shadowing of Peruvian health care professionals
- exposure to alternative, traditional Andean medicine
- live with a Peruvian host and share breakfast and dinner
- financial aid transfer assistance
- $30,000 in scholarships available to students anticipating using Spanish in their careers
Total cost, including housing and flight, is about six thousand.
Note: It is relatively easy to transfer financial aid, but we recommend beginning the process early.