The Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship application is now open and available at http://expd.uw.edu/scholarships/search/search-results-public.html?page_stub=martinfamily. Deadline for applications is July 7, 2016. Please share with your students who are transferring to UW in summer 2016, fall 2016, winter 2017 or even those who have already transferred to UW but have not yet earned more than 18 credits. Please note that students from ANY Washington State community college are potentially eligible to apply for this scholarship (see complete details on the website and eligibility details below).
The Martin Family Foundation Honors Scholarship Program enables community college students of exceptional ability and outstanding achievement to complete their baccalaureate degrees at the University of Washington-Seattle. Martin Scholars are encouraged to join the Honors Departmental Program at the UW and, depending on their choice of major, are eligible to graduate with Departmental or College Honors. Applicants are considered for superior strength of character, intellectual ability, and sense of purpose. They are expected to have well-formulated ideas about the direction of future studies and subsequent careers. There should be evidence that a Martin Scholarship will encourage pursuit of a program of education most likely to fulfill the applicant’s potential. Financial need may be considered but is not a requirement.
· Applicants must be Washington State residents who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are currently attending or have attended a community college in the state of Washington.
· Applicants must have earned a minimum of 36 credits at a Washington State community college by the time they matriculate at the University of Washington. Students who hold an associate’s degree are encouraged to apply.
· Washington State community college transfer students who are currently enrolled at the University of Washington may not have earned more than 18 UW credits by the application deadline of Thursday, July 7, 2016.
· The award will depend on successful admission to the University of Washington as a matriculated student.
· The selection committee gives no consideration to an applicant’s gender, race, color, creed, or national origin.
Please let me know if you or your students have any questions or concerns.
Director, Office of Merit Scholarships, Fellowships & Awards
Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity
University of Washington
171 Mary Gates Hall, Box 352803
Seattle, WA 98195